Epson unveils significant new features on its SureColor SC-T Series printers with integrated scanners, delivering impressive levels of functionality and productivity.
Designed for a variety of graphics, commercial print, copy shop, CAD/GIS applications, the high-speed, four-colour, large-format SureColor SC-T7200MFP and SC-T5200MFP printers give users the flexibility to digitise hard copies and scan-to-file, scan-to-email or scan-to-share with other SC-T Series printers. They are ideal for busy print production environments - an A1 original can be scanned and printed in about 39 seconds – and can be used to print on to a variety of media up to 1.5mm thick. These multi-function printers are also available in double-roll configurations, offering maximum productivity and the flexibility to switch quickly between different media if required.
The new enhanced SureColor SC-T Series printers will be shown for the first time at drupa.
The new features include:
- The fastest in-class print and scan speed: now almost 400% faster in grayscale at 34cm/sec and almost twice as fast in colour at 15cm/sec
- Twice as fast ‘production’ print mode: through faster carriage motion and less printing passes Epson has added a special ‘production’ mode for images on photo glossy type media making it almost twice as fast
- Productive and versatile with 150mm roll and high-capacity 700ml inks containers
- Versatile copy and print from line drawings to posters with pigment inks
- Versatile and faster scanning up to 30.4m long with TIFF support
- Driverless Print functionality by PS option significantly reducing workload
- Pre-flight preview to minimise print failure
- Thumbnails identify scan image/stored job files on hard disk
- Full bleed borderless copy
- Secure DoD 5220.22 M compliant HDD sanitation
The SureColor SC-T Series printers use Epson’s four-colour UltraChrome XD aqueous pigment inks which, in combination with permanent PrecisionCore TFP printheads, ensure high output quality and precise, repeatable performance. UltraChrome XD inks deliver the deep blacks and crisp, dense lines needed for detailed technical graphics, and the vibrant colours necessary for high-quality prints and posters. Plus, they are water-resistant and smudge proof, producing prints that are suitable for short-term outdoor use as well as any indoor applications.
Helping to reduce the impact on the environment, in addition to using water based inks the SC-T Series printers are ENERGY STAR certified for their excellent power efficiency.
All existing latest-generation SC-T Series customers will be able to upgrade to this new level of functionality in the field – demonstrating Epson’s commitment to protecting and continually improving its customers’ investment and experience.