The 3M Graphics Market Center had a very active presence at the Specialty Graphic Industry Association (SGIA) Expo October 13-15, in Las Vegas. While demonstrating new products and technologies and offering expert support and advice, 3M also engaged attendees with its Bumper Wrap Contest. Participants installed 3M vehicle wrap film on actual vehicle bumpers, providing a fun and challenging event while demonstrating the versatility and ease-of-use of 3M wrap films.
Contestants applied a 2x2-foot graphic to the bumper of a Chevrolet HHR, and were judged on speed and quality of the installation. The graphics were printed on 3M's Controltac brand Wrap Film with Comply v3 Adhesive IJ380Cv3 with 3M's Scotchcal brand Gloss Overlaminate 8580.
The contest winner was Keoni Denison of Capital Wraps of Washington, DC. Denison won a T-shirt and an $800 discount on training, testing, or 3M installation tools, and all 38 participants received prizes. The top ten finalists were:
- Keoni Denison - Capital Wraps - DC
- Kenny Miller - Thumb Print - CA
- Zigis Tijunelis - Massive Impact Media LTD
- Justin Pate - Netherlands
- Ryan Farquharson - JD Inc - TX
- Noli Hipolito - Art Signs - HI
- Jeffery Merrell - Traffic Graphics NW INC - WA
- Susanne Stoddard - Icon Image - CA
- Sam Twomey - The Mad Striper - VA
- Oswaldo Gutierrez – Multipass