SurePress L-4533 Series offers improved quality at higher print speeds and will be shown for the first time in Europe at LabelExpo 25-28th September (Stand A50, Hall 9)
Epson announces a new short-run label press, the SurePress L-4533 Series, to replace the existing L-4033 model. The new press offers a host of enhanced features, including improved productivity, reliability and reduced maintenance.
The SurePress L-4533 Series is aimed at small to medium-sized label converters looking for digital printing capability, as well as commercial printers wishing to diversify into packaging and labelling. It has been designed to offer an easy-setup digital solution for producing short to medium-sized runs of commercial labels on a variety of substrates, allowing users to diversify their services and offer quick turnaround for on-demand orders.
The L-4533 Series offers improved image quality at higher print speeds as well as faster variable data processing. The press is highly automated and easy to use with minimal maintenance.
Guy Martin, business development manager, Epson UK, says, “Since launching the previous SurePress model, we’ve been talking closely with our customers and listening to their ideas about how we could make our presses even better. The L-4533 Series combines some of the most frequently requested enhancements with improvements in Epson print technology to create a new press that’s faster, higher quality and even more versatile, for a wider range of applications.”
The L-4533 Series uses the SurePress AQ inkset with green and orange to provide a very wide colour gamut, and has white ink capability to expand its range of potential applications. The AQ inks are water-based and the press has no need for chemicals, plates or films, so the printing process is kinder to the environment.
The SurePress L-4533 Series is available from September 2017.
• Inkjet digital label press with white ink for high-quality, short-run label printing
• Introduction of 2-pass printing and improved image quality at 4 and 6-pass
• New edge smoothing function improves the thickness of text or line quality
• Faster variable data-processing
• Epson SurePress AQ ink-set includes green and orange for a wide colour gamut, precise colour matching and accurate spot/speciality colours
• White ink capability expands range of potential applications
• Epson Micro Piezo printheads deliver perfectly accurate dot shape and placement, providing sharp detail for barcodes and small text
• Delivers smooth gradations and optimum image quality thanks to Epson's Variable-size Droplet Technology and a three picolitre minimum droplet size
• Delivers exceptional print quality and accurate colour reproduction on a wide variety of standard label substrates
• Supports a wide range of substrates from standard paper to thin films, metallics and laminated pouch material.
• No need for substrate pre-treatment/coatings
• Flexible roll width capability allows cost savings by reducing substrate waste
• Fast and easy set-up
• Designed for maximum uptime with automated head maintenance and hot-swappable ink cartridges
• Reduced cleaning frequency to minimise daily maintenance time
• Internal LED lighting and enlarged window for more visibility in key areas, to allow easier maintenance
• Streamlined production with user-friendly, touch-screen operation
• Kinder to the environment with water-based inks and no need for chemicals, plates or films
Epson will also show many other printers across its 418 sqm stand at LabelExpo. In addition to the new SurePress L-4533 Series there will be the sister UV model SurePress L-6034VW as well as wide range of products from the ColorWorks and LabelWorks ranges and the SureColor SC-S Series.