Dscoop will host more than 90 Partners at Dscoop6, its sixth annual conference, taking place Feb. 17-19, 2011, in Orlando, Fla. With contracts received to date, the Solutions Showcase exhibit hall is already 13 percent larger than last year, and the number of Platinum Partners has more than doubled, from five last year to 12 this year. The Dscoop annual conference has likewise shown impressive growth, and the 2010 event was named one of the 50 fastest growing trade shows in the U.S., according to Trade Show Executive.
"The Dscoop annual conference has come to be known as the place for vendors to truly connect with the HP digital print community," said Mark Sarpa, Dscoop6 chairman and CEO of Progressive Solutions. "We thank all of our Partners for their ongoing support. Their participation in the Solutions Showcase and in the year-round Dscoop Partner Program benefits all Dscoop members."
With strong representation from industry partners in this year's sold-out Solutions Showcase, HP Graphic Arts users will be able to preview many new product releases for the first time, including the following products from Dscoop Platinum Partners:
- AB Graphic International Inc. – Digital finishing converters allowing brand owners and designers to achieve the highest quality results
- Omega Digicon Lite
- Omega Flexpack Laminator is specifically designed to laminate unsupported flexible packaging films together to create unique structures for the narrow web market
- New Carton Module addition builds on the successful Omega Digicon Series 2 and allows folding carton production using semi rotary flexible cut and crease plates up to 18 point board thickness
- GPA, Specialty Substrate Solutions – new Ultra Digital substrates, RUniverse.org
- A wide array of new Ultra Digital substrates for HP Indigo presses: FlexBind Layflat and specialty Photo Lustre papers, bamboo and cotton papers, colour papers for showcasing white ink, 100 percent post-consumer waste and cream laid label paper, and Styrene
- Newly expanded digital catalog and the debut of RUniverse.org, GPA's new interactive online community
- Lasermax Roll Systems – PageReady and FinishReady Controller
- New solutions for the HP Indigo 7500 and HP Indigo 7000: PageReady, a fully automatic cutter/slitter/merger/stacker and FinishReady Controller, a central interface that (with PageReady) integrates these HP Indigo presses with in-line and near-line finishing solutions
- New web-fed cutting and stacking system for the HP Indigo W7200. The Pacific series Stack s20 for colour printers features the new Cutter c22 with variable single or double strip cut for full bleed printing
- MindFireInc – MindFire Advantage
- Exclusive to Dscoop members, the new promotional program MindFire Advantage (valued at $3,000) is available for free with each new license purchased at or prior to Dscoop6. This program includes a Marketing Executive Seminar from Joe Manos, executive vice president of MindFireInc, who presents best practices of cross-media marketing to a selected group of Dscoop members' customers and prospects.
- Mohawk Fine Papers Inc. – new software and substrates for digital presses
- Mohawk Maestro Software provides digital press owners template-based software to enter the photo market with books, cards, calendars and more
- Mohawk Panoramic is ideal for creating elegant books and photo albums. These papers allow photos to flow seamlessly across the fold and eliminate colour match issues across the spread
- NewPage Corporation – OptiPrimeTM Digital label paper and NewPageDigital.com
- Designed specifically for HP Indigo presses, NewPage's new OptiPrime Digital label paper is pre-optimised and has been tested and certified on the ws4500 and WS6000 by HP and the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
- NewPageDigital.com explains how NewPage can help provide a new level of personalisation and how NewPage has extended its environmental certifications within its coated paper digital offering
- Pageflex by Bitstream Inc. – a range of Web-to-print solutions enabling HP Indigo users be more productive, open new lines of business
- Highlights include: Pageflex SaaS, a new hosted solution; Pageflex 7.6, which introduces customisable storefront workflows and the ability to offer kits; and an update to Pageflex iWay, upon which HP SmartStream Director is built
- PriscoDigital – live demonstrations of HP Scitex wide-format inkjet printers
- HP Scitex LX800 is a 126 in. (3.2 m) roll-to-roll inkjet system that permits high quality printing directly on a wide variety of paper, synthetic and fabric media with multi-roll capability and uses environmentally friendly latex ink technology from HP
- HP Scitex FB700, a high quality versatile 98.4 in (250 cm) wide six colour UV inkjet system that can be configured to print on almost any rigid and flexible media. This economical system has a white ink option
- Prisme Technologies – B2B and B2C Web-to-print solutions
- Fully hosted, dynamically developed PrintSYS solution gives print service providers tools to enable online orders and streamline production, which in turn decreases administrative overhead and the overall cost per transaction
- Unibind Inc. – Book software and equipment
- The book software package contains easy-to-use templates for office/business/school support materials, such as presentation folders, meeting books, agenda books, diaries and event books
- The automatic offline Casemaker 750A allows personalisation of hardcovers with wraparound photos as small as 8"x8" up to 12"x14" in portrait or landscape orientation at speeds up to 400 covers per hour. Spine sizes up to 0.94 in. (24 mm) can be accommodated
HP Indigo and Scitex users can see these innovative products and more at Dscoop6. To facilitate attendees' navigation of the show floor, the Solutions Showcase will be segmented by solutions related to commercial print, direct marketing, label and packaging, photo, publishing and grand format segments.