HP today announced that it will be presenting its digital printing portfolio for innovative digital marketing solutions at the first annual digi:media trade fair, Hall 06, Stand D34, 7 – 9 April 2011, at the Messe, Düsseldorf, Germany.
Digital technologies enable the creation of high-value printed products on-demand, in short runs and personalised from promotional items, transpromotional documents, photobooks and books to posters, fine art, wallpaper and vehicle and building wraps. Working with its partners, HP offers an expanding range of advanced workflows and web-to-print solutions to produce these new, enhanced printed products.
“Digital technology is about bringing things together,” said François Martin, worldwide Graphic Solutions Business marketing director, HP. “Applications and sectors that were once divided by their technologies are now converging through digital data handling and output solutions. At digi:media, HP and its partners are demonstrating a range of applications and output devices to show print service providers and their customers the business-building opportunities that are open to them.”
Don’t compromise – optimise!
Solutions from HP and its partners at digi:media underline the commitment to develop digital technologies that deliver cost-effective, high-quality print without compromising customer content or business values.
The HP SmartStream server and workflow portfolio offers flexibility for creating customisable, scalable solutions that address key market segments to achieve a streamlined, high-powered workflow from job creation to fulfilment. Using the powerful HP SmartStream Director server, HP partner RedTie (which will be present at a partner kiosk on the HP stand) offers a complete e-business solution that delivers variable data files to HP Indigo presses for a complete web-to-print workflow.
For commercial printing and publishing applications and photo-specialty products, the flagship HP Indigo 7500 Digital Press will be printing a range of jobs demonstrating its capabilities. Commercial print, specialised promotional items and folding cartons utilising various substrates are among the items that will be printed on the stand. Use will be made of HP Indigo White Ink, an essential colour for converters, and one that expands the possibilities for creative promotions.
Products will be finished on the innovative and highly versatile KAMA ProCut 53, a flatbed automatic die cutter for paper, card and plastic in A3 formats. This machine cuts, creases, perforates and kiss-cuts and is suitable for finishing with cold embossing, braille, hot foil stamping, combined hot foil stamping and embossing and hologram stamping.
For signage and graphics, wide format printers using UV-curable ink (HP Scitex FB500 Printer) and HP Latex Inks (HP Scitex LX800 Printer, HP Designjet L25500 Printer) will be demonstrated. HP Latex Inks enable odourless(1) graphics to be printed for outdoor and indoor applications, even in enclosed areas. Graphics printed with fast-drying latex inks may be finished or installed immediately, delivering both environmental and competitive advantages.
The large format HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer is the fastest heavy-duty photo printer(2), offering quality, speed and control for print service providers producing mainly indoor applications. Web-enabled multifunction photo printers for professional photographers and consumers will be featured (HP Photosmart e-Station, HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-one)(3). These affordable desktop printers have the enhanced capabilities to upload images to the cloud for sharing on websites or downloading by friends or customers.
Information on HP’s high-volume publishing solutions, the HP Indigo W7200 Digital Press and HP Inkjet Web Presses, from HP IHPS, will also be available on the stand.
Also on the stand will be a range of print service providers (PSPs) who are established HP customers. They will be available to tell how they have used their presses and printers to grow their businesses and meet the rapidly changes demands of modern marketers and print buyers.
Further information on HP presses and printers on show at digi:media:
- HP Indigo 7500 Digital Press – a robust 7-colour sheet-fed press built for 24/7 use, capable of printing on a wide variety of substrates at speeds up to 120 A4 full-colour pages per minute on substrates from 70 – 400 microns (460 microns with thick substrate option)
- HP Scitex FB500 Printer – this versatile 6-colour flatbed printer uses UV-curable inks to produce high quality graphics on rigid media up to 64mm thick and optionally on flexible media
- HP Scitex LX800 Printer – a 3.2m, 6-colour printer using HP Latex Inks for the production of indoor and outdoor graphics
- HP Designjet L25500 – available in 1067mm and 1524mm widths, this 6-colour printer offers a powerful entry-level device utilising HP Latex Inks technology
- HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer – with speeds up to 140m2/hr, this is the fastest heavy-duty photo printer(2) using 8 HP Vivera Photo Inks to produce outstanding photo applications. Available in two widths: 1067mm and 1524mm
- HP Photosmart e-Station – using an mobile HP TouchSmart screen, this printer combines internet connectivity with high quality desktop printing enabling users to browse(3), print and share a range of creative photo applications. Compatible with HP ePrint(6), this unit enables users to print from anywhere by sending documents to the printer’s unique email address
- HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-one – for printing web favourites, documents, lab-quality photos and creative projects without a PC via customisable apps(4) and a large HP TouchSmart screen. Connect via wireless(5) network, or print remotely –– with HP ePrint(6)
(1) Printers using HP Latex Inks use internal heaters to dry and cure the latex polymer film. Some substrates may have inherent odour.
(2) Compared to large-format inkjet printers under $25,000 for graphic applications. Based on the fastest rated colour speeds as published by manufacturers as of January 2010. Test methods vary.
(3) Internet connection required.
(4) Requires a wireless access point and an Internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Apps availability varies by country and language. For details, www.hp.com/uk/ePrintCenter
(5) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(6) Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and e-mail-capable device. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/uk/ePrintCenter Some HP LaserJet products will require a firmware upgrade.