HP today announced that it will be presenting the first public UK showing of the HP Designjet L65500, HP Scitex FB950 and HP Scitex XP2750 Printers at Sign & Digital UK (Stand H20), 28 - 30 April, at the NEC, Birmingham.
HP's strong portfolio for the commercial market features the HP Designjet Z6100 Printer using water-based ink, the low solvent Designjet range, hybrid UV HP Designjet H-series and HP Designjet FB950 Printers for printing flexible and rigid substrates, as well as the innovative solution for printing with the environment in mind, the HP Designjet L65500 Printer that uses HP Latex Inks. This creates a wealth of choice in size, speed and ink type for all commercial printers looking to expand their customer offering. Representatives from HP Financial Services (HPFS) will also be on the stand to help customers find the best solution for financing their investment.
- Stand highlights include: The HP Scitex XP2750 Printer, a 3.2m wide-format UV ink printer with a new integrated flatbed module that delivers high-quality output up to 635 x 800dpi (1270 x 1600dpi apparent) on both flexible and rigid media. With a maximum speed of 110m²/hr, the printer is ideal for high-volume environments looking for flexibility of output
- The HP Designjet L65500 Printer - the first of a new category of large-format signage printers with HP Latex Inks that reduce the impact of printing on the environment and offer broad outdoor and indoor application versatility, while delivering quality and high productivity with no drying time needed and at print speeds of up to 70m²/hr (for outdoor) and 35m²/hr (for indoor)
- The HP Scitex FB950 Printer - 2.5m hybrid UV printer providing consistent high-quality POP/POS, trade show and event signage on a wide range of rigid(1) or flexible media(2) at high speeds of up to 80m2/hr in billboard mode
- The HP Designjet H45500 Printer - an entry level 1.3m hybrid UV printer providing a versatile solution using UV-curable ink with the ability to print on both flexible and rigid substrates
- The HP Designjet low solvent printers will be represented by the HP Designjet 8000s, the range also includes the HP Designjet 9000s and the 100" HP Designjet 10000s Printers
- The HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series - aqueous printers with an embedded spectrophotometer available in 42" and 60" models delivering vivid, high-impact prints at high print speeds. The series is ideal for indoor and short-term outdoor banners and large format applications such as posters, photos and fine art prints, drawings, maps and renders
Versatility for indoor and outdoor applications
The HP Scitex FB950 Printer is a robust flatbed UV printer that delivers high-quality prints and high productivity on virtually any rigid(3) or flexible media(4) (up to 6.4cm in thickness) for the production of durable outdoor and indoor applications, including POP/POS signage, tradeshow graphics, interior decorations and banners.
The HP Designjet H45500 delivers an entry level UV hybrid printer with high-quality output for commercial print service providers (PSPs) who want to effectively produce durable outdoor and indoor signs, banners, POP displays and posters with vivid colours on flexible and rigid media.
Both hybrid UV printers convert easily from a roll-fed to a flatbed printer for printing directly on rigid display boards or flexible media, with print speeds up to 36m2/hour on the HP Designjet H45500 and 80m2/hr on the HP Scitex FB950. Designed to increase productivity and profitability with efficient media loading and the ability to print multiple sheets at the same time,(5) the HP hybrid UV printers enable PSPs to accommodate a greater range of customer requests and grow their businesses.
Brand new ink technology with fantastic productivity
The new 2.5m HP Designjet L65500 Printer uses the latest innovative ink technology for printing with the environment in mind and to offer an alternative to solvent and even UV when printing indoor and outdoor signage. The HP Latex Inks contain no toxic air pollutants or sensitisers, are odour free(6) and leave no hazardous waste.(7) This is not only better for the planet, but creates a far more pleasant environment for staff and customers. The HP Designjet L65500 also benefits from some impressive time saving features. It has a superb print run speed of up to 70m2/hr, 'Precision to Printer Calibration' and the HP Optical Media Advance Sensor - all designed to provide businesses with faster results. With the new HP Latex Inks, print is dry and ready for shipping direct from the printer. PSPs and end-users still get the extremely high standards of print finish that they expect from HP - rich saturated colours and a high resolution of up to 1200dpi.
More business opportunities in wide and super-wide formats
The high-productivity HP Designjet 8000s, 9000s and 10000s Printers use HP low-solvent inks developed by HP especially for each printer series. They produce vividly coloured, durable prints that resist fading and are scratch, smear, and crack resistant. Small and medium-size digital print shops, sign shops and screen businesses can enter new markets by choosing these versatile digital printers with an excellent price/performance combination.
The HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series (42in and 60in models) with HP Vivera pigment inks delivers accurate colour and outstanding image quality at maximum print speeds of up to 105m2/hr. Delivering assured accurate, consistent colours across the HP Designjet Z6100 series printers thanks to the embedded spectrophotometer, they are ideal for printing on a range of applications, from technical maps to high-quality fine art.
Investing in digital technology
As well as the extensive commercial product range that will be demonstrated on the stand and the new HP Scitex XP2750 Printer, HP will have areas dedicated to the full HP Scitex portfolio including an innovative ROI station to help businesses fully understand the Return on Investment or Financial Services offers from HP.
With HP, printers moving into digital production aren't taking the step alone, HP Financial Services offer a range of plans to make investment in an HP technology a viable reality. HPFS works with PSPs and channel partners to tailor leasing programmes that conserve a company's capital while enabling them to invest in new equipment - even during economic downturns. These options are not about quick fixes, but take a long-term view of a company's requirements and equipment lifecycle management, with options for purchase or upgrades.