The EcoPrint 2012 conference, keynote and seminar programme will feature buyers and sustainability managers from some of the world’s largest consumer brands – as well as keynote speeches from two of Europe’s leading visionaries in the field of sustainability.
Senior executives from leading global brands including Coca-Cola, Toyota, Nike, DM: Markt, Aveda, Clear Channel, JC Decaux - along with case studies from IKEA - make up a roster headlined by keynote speeches from two huge names in European sustainability: Cradle to Cradle co-creator Professor Doctor Michael Braungart and founding director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Professor Hans Joachim Schellnhuber.
Frazer Chesterman, director of EcoPrint, comments, “It’s the content of this show that will set it apart from any other print industry trade show. Attending EcoPrint will not be a passive experience - it’s designed to be immersive and engaging and to that end, we have collected leading thinkers, print-buyers and sustainability visionaries; people of action who are designed to inspire. Some of these speakers represent the very people who are increasingly raising the issue of sustainability with print businesses – can anyone afford not to hear what they’ve got to say?”
EcoPrint 2012’s focus on content and discussion is reflected in the exhibition’s floor design, which places the main stage as the central hub surrounded by the exhibition space. The content programme will take place in two key areas: centrally, on the main stage under the banner Think! and ‘The Round’ debating area under the banner Talk! In total there are nearly 50 events taking place across the two arenas in two days.
Dr. Braungart is co-author of Cradle to Cradle, the best-selling business book for sustainable production. Cradle To Cradle is a manifesto calling for the transformation of human industry through ecologically intelligent design and has been the subject of many documentary films and commentaries.
A founding Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) and Chair of the German Advisory Council on Global Change, Professor Schellnhuber is one of the leading climate scientists worldwide, and provides advice to, for instance, the President of the European Union Commission.
Among the list of print and sustainability-related senior executives taking part in EcoPrint 2012 are:
- Former Ikea MD & current Bergmark Sustainability AB, Thomas Bergmark,
- Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) Recycling Director, Patrick McGuirk (also coordinates the company’s activities and policy position on Sustainable Packaging within Europe)
- Nike Inc. Global Material Quality Manager, Martin Wragg
- Martine Padilla of Sophizo, who over the past 6 has built and managed the graphics and print purchasing department at Toyota Motor Sales, USA;
- Senior Print Buyer at Aveda (an Estee Lauder Brand) for more than 11 years, Kathy Sletten
- Speakers will also be present from McKinsey, Clear Channel, CEWE Color, Smart Foto, Stellacolor and Two Sides.
Attendance to EcoPrint Conferences is free to those who register to attend the EcoPrint Europe Live event at www.ecoprintshow.com