HP will present a versatile portfolio of printers, applications and services for professional photographers, labs and retail photo businesses at photokina. The show takes place between 18th and 23rd September at Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany and HP will be in Hall 4.1, on stands I-010, I-040, I-050, J-045 and J-049.
HP will display products from the HP Indigo digital press and HP Designjet printer portfolios. HP also will feature applications demonstrating the latest techniques available using HP inks, substrates and technologies. photokina will provide a forum for the entire commercial photography industry, including labs, professional photographers, print service providers (PSPs), retailers and in-home publishing consumers to experience the image quality, versatility, creative and business opportunities enabled by HP technologies.
The stand will feature:
- HP Designjet L26500 Printer - the 1.55m (61in) large-format printer using HP Latex Inks for the production of indoor and outdoor graphics, created with the environment in mind.
- HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer (available in 1.067m (42in) and 1.524m (60in) models) - designed to deliver photo-quality prints at the highest print speed in its class(1) with breakthrough colour consistency and accuracy across a wide range of media.
- HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer (available in 61cm (24in) and 1.117m (44in) models) - the easy-to-use wide format inkjet printer with a 12-ink (HP Qad Black and HP Chromatic Red) printing system for professional photographers with inbuilt spectrophotometer.
- HP Indigo 7600 Digital Press - the latest in the range of 7-colour presses offering labs increased quality and productivity for printing photo-specialty products.
"The innovative, high-quality photo applications printed by this diverse line up of products on HP's stand is sure to engage and inspire visitors to the show," said Ronen Zioni, market development director, GSB, EMEA, HP . "Beyond the high-productivity of the printers and presses and HP's technological developments designed to enhance the printed output, HP is also going to reveal new initiatives to support the photo market and help photo labs, in particular, maximise business opportunities in this sector."
Increased applications with HP Latex Inks and HP Large-format Photo Printers
HP Latex Ink printing returns to photokina with the new HP Designjet L26500 Printer that produces odourless prints on a wide variety of substrates including vinyl, fabrics, paper, film, and low-cost uncoated media for exciting and colourful photo applications.
Using water-based HP Latex Inks, the HP Designjet L26500 Printer is a six colour machine that can produce up to 155cm-wide (61in) applications. With the ability to deliver prints suitable for indoor and outdoor use in resolutions up to 1200 x 1200dpi, the printer can operate at speeds up to 22.8m2/hr (246 ft2/hr).
The HP Latex technology presents numerous opportunities for professional photo labs and PSPs to produce custom - even personalised - wall coverings, textiles for soft furnishings and hangings.
Also on the stand will be the HP Designjet Z6200 and Z3200 Photo Printers.
Designed for photo labs, digital print shops, advertising agencies, design firms and commercial printers, the HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer series (available in 1.067m (42in) and 1.524m (60in) models), with speeds up to 140m2/hr (1,500 ft2/hr), delivers photo-quality prints with a resolution of up to 2,400 dots per inch (dpi).
HP Vivid Photo Inks offer improved scratch resistance, gloss levels and gloss uniformity and a wider colour gamut with deeper blacks than previous HP inks. The printer's 8-ink printing system also features HP Chromatic Red ink, extending the colour gamut.
The HP Designjet Z3200 (available in 61cm (24in) and 1.117m (44in) models) delivers gallery-quality, black-and-white and colour photographs, art enlargements, large-format designs and high-accuracy proofs that stand out and survive the test of time. The Z3200's12-ink printing system, using HP Vivid pigment inks, features HP 73 Chromatic Red ink, which enables up to 95 per cent coverage of PANTONE® Colours.
High productivity, more applications and value-adding techniques
Designed for superior-quality and new special effects, the new HP Indigo 7600 Digital Press prints up to 120 A4 pages per minute (ppm) in its standard production mode. It is based on the popular HP Indigo 7000 series sheet-fed presses used by many leading photo specialty providers.
Utilising a new HP ElectroInk Light Black with HP ElectroInk Black, the new press is capable of producing superior-quality black-and-white images, meeting the requirements of the most discerning professional photographers.
The HP Indigo 7600 Digital Press also features:
- Raised print up to 50 microns from the sheet, using multiple layers of ink, opening opportunities for creativity, differentiation and added value.
- Embossing or debossing effects using a mould created digitally on the press creating textures, reverse textures and patterns for photo enhancement.
- Digital watermarking to enable special visual effects.
HP Indigo digital presses can print on a wide range of papers and other substrates (coated and uncoated, matt, semi-gloss, gloss and textured) so photo retailers, professionals and labs can offer differentiated photo-specialty products.
Helping retailers achieve growth and meet customer needs
HP will feature a fully equipped retail photo centre model and in-home publishing centre, demonstrating how retailers can leverage HP's portfolio of web-to-store and in-store assets to drive on-demand publishing of personal photos and capitalise on the profitable market of personalised photo creative merchandise. photokina attendees also can experience HP's portfolio of software solutions and same-day creative output.