Sustainability benefits society in three ways - ecologically, socially and economically– and this has been Switzerland-based Zünd’s philosophy since its inception in 1984. All of Zünd’s leading edge cutting systems are developed, manufactured and operated with highest respect for the environment and for society as a whole.
As such, Zünd has made the decision to exhibit at the EcoPrint show, scheduled for 26th and 27th September 2012 in Berlin, where it will highlight its longstanding eco-friendly business practices. The company will be on stand 3-225.
Zünd cutting systems offer more than just efficient production combined with low energy consumption. They are modular systems – designed to grow with customers’ businesses and changing requirements – and can be continually upgraded with tools, additional productivity and automated material handling features.
Zünd systems are made to last. By combining Swiss manufacturing quality and excellence with a modular design, Zünd assures an average product life of close to 20 years.
Lars Bendixen, product manager at Zünd, comments, “Not only are our cutters of exceptional high quality, they are durable and have a clear migration path. In essence, they grow with our customers’ businesses. Unlike other solutions in the digital printing marketplace, Zünd cutters do not become quickly obsolete as a new technology arrives.”
Rather than focus on specific products at EcoPrint 2012, Zünd has made the decision to highlight the company’s sustainable and environmentally-friendly business ethos. Such as:
- Zünd cutting systems typically use 40% less electricity compared to competitive systems
- Zünd’s energy neutral assembly facilities result in 80% less CO2 emissions annually
- Continuous product development and optimisation ensures that Zund cutters minimise the use of aluminium - resulting in 500 fewer tonnes of annual CO2 emissions (not including transportation to and from the factory.)
- Zünd’s local sourcing policy assures the shortest transportation possible of parts to the factory
- The company’s ISO 14001 certification
- The company’s sustainability award from Zürcher Kantonal Bank
- Zünd’s buildings have ‘living rooftops’ which help to replace of lost meadowland
- Zünd’s on-site water management prevents fresh rain water mixing with drain water
Lars Bendixen continues, “There are more and more demands on print service providers to offer more sustainable print options at present and we believe that this will continue. Therefore, it is only natural that such print service providers should now start to look into the environmental practices of their equipment suppliers and demand that they meet the same exacting standards.”
Karl Zünd, founder of Zünd Systemtechnik AG concludes, “It is for this reason that we are exhibiting at the event. We want to demonstrate to current and future customers that we have long been and will continue to be a sustainable business – both in terms of our business practices and in the products that we sell.”
For more information on Zünd, please visit www.zund.com
For more information on EcoPrint, please visit www.ecoprintshow.com