Plymouth-based Graphicomm Digital has won the Office Award at the inaugural Antalis Interior Design Awards 2018 for its impressive display of artistic print in an extraordinary wrapping project.
The highly anticipated awards ceremony, which took place in Paris at the Maison&Objet Exhibition, on Monday 22nd January, saw the design, print and architectural community come together to celebrate creative design and reward the exceptional projects entered into the competition.
The competition, which received a staggering 300-plus entries from across the world, was judged by a jury of seven industry experts* who hand-picked the winners.
Graphicomm Digital took home the top spot for the Office Award which made best use of Antalis’ pioneering Coala 2d Dynamic Polymeric Gloss White’s printing and wrapping capability. Described as a ‘metamorphosis’, the unique wrapping job, which stood out to judges for its originality, saw an old shipping container be transformed to a stunning hillside art piece.
Graphicomm Digital created a camouflage wrap using a number of high-resolution photographs of the surrounding landscape of the container, allowing it to be seamlessly integrated into the countryside scene. This was finished with Coala 2D Matt Laminate over the top to provide extra protection.
John Hardaker, director at Graphicomm Digital, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to have been recognised for the creativeness of our work, especially in such a highly competitive category. We thoroughly enjoyed working on this creation and we look forward to taking on new design challenges this year.”
Agnes Lafarge, jury member and Antalis’ Market Manager for Visual Communication, comments: “It was a unanimous decision amongst the judges for Graphicomm Digital to be our Office winner. The demonstrated ability to transform an industrial container into a work of art was truly inspiring. We at Antalis take great pride in seeing our products form part of such an impressive project that combines ingenuity and originality.”
*The judging panel for Antalis Interior Design Awards included:
- FRANÇOIS CONFINO (jury president): Architect, Scenographer and Museographer - Confino Workshop - France
- DAMIEN PERROT: International Design Director – AccorHotels – France
- JON SHERMAN: Founder and Creative Director, Flavor Paper – USA
- KARIN SCHIMTZ: Business Development Director - Peclers (Germany - Austria - Switzerland) – Germany
- BENEDICTE DUHALDE: Editor in chief - Intramuros magazine – France
- AGNES LAFARGE: Antalis International Market Manager Visual Communication – France
- ANEEL KALSI: Art Director - Wallpaper - United Kingdom