Océ, an international leader in digital document management, recently celebrated shipping unit number 2000 of its Océ Arizona® Series of UV flatbed printers. The Océ Arizona Series is the world’s number one selling flatbed family, outselling all competitors combined.This is the second Canon production product that Océ has offered since joining the global Canon group in March 2010. The newly combined company, which aims to create the world’s largest printing company, combines a 133-year Océ heritage of leadership in small and wide format printing with the vast technical resources of Canon.
“The popularity of the Océ Arizona Series in the market is proof of the value it provides to our customers,” said Gido van Praag, CEO of Océ Display Graphics Systems. “Customers are initially attracted to the Océ Arizona Series because of the superior image quality and the variety of applications that can be produced. But they are convinced to purchase one because of the outstanding value it provides to their business.”
The first system in this series – the Océ Arizona 250 GT printer – was launched in September 2006. It won the Vision Award, which is given to an exhibiting manufacturer whose new product has the best chance of positively impacting the digital imaging industry. The decision was based on the product’s relevance to the market, potential industry influence and prospective value to the product’s end users. The Océ Arizona 250 GT printer also won the Viscom Innovation Award where it was designated a ‘truly innovative product’ at the Viscom 2007 International Trade Fair.
The premier UV flatbed product family
The Océ Arizona Series includes five models:
- Océ Arizona 550 XT - extra large table, high-volume production, Roll Media and White Ink options
- Océ Arizona 550 GT - standard sized table, high-volume production, Roll Media and White Ink options
- Océ Arizona 350 XT - extra large table, mid-volume production, Roll Media and White Ink options
- Océ Arizona 350 GT - standard sized table, mid-volume production, Roll Media and White Ink options
- Océ Arizona 300 GT - standard sized table, low-volume production, Roll Media and upgrade to Océ Arizona 350 GT options
In all, Océ Arizona Series UV flatbed printers have accumulated nearly 20 industry awards to date from organizations throughout the world, including three SGIA Product of the Year awards. These awards validate the quality and innovation built into every Océ Arizona Series printer, now the best selling series of flatbed printers in history.