Roland DG Corporation, a leading worldwide provider of wide-format inkjet printers and integrated printer/cutters, today introduced the new VersaArt RS-640 four-colour CMYK wide-format inkjet printer. Featuring the latest in Roland eco-solvent inkjet technology, the RS-640 offers image quality, productivity and performance beyond that of any other printer in its class.
The VersaArt RS-640 comes complete with VersaWorks professional RIP software for precision colour management and supports 64” media.
“Today, eco-solvent inkjet printers are widely used in a variety of graphics businesses,” said Brett Newman, Head of Product Management, Roland DG (UK). “The VersaArt RS-640 offers these businesses advanced digital printing capabilities, allowing them to enjoy both a distinct competitive advantage and quick return on investment. The VersaArt delivers the exceptional productivity and print quality required for successful in-house production, eliminating the need to outsource wide-format graphics. At under £11,000, including RIP, the RS-640 is peerless in terms of value for money and will be attractive for printers looking to develop additional revenue streams for minimal capital outlay.”
VersaArt is a flexible production tool for a wide range of applications from precision composite designs and posters to large, durable outdoor signs and banners. VersaArt supports new environmentally friendly paper media and fabrics for profitable specialty applications as well. Featuring ECO-SOL MAX ink and Roland Intelligent Pass Control technology, VersaArt produces vivid colours and unmatched image quality at print speeds of up to 21.4m²/hr (230.3ft²/hr).
Roland VersaArt RS-640 Features:
- 64” eco-solvent inkjet printer
- Print speeds of up to 21.4m²/hr (230.3ft²/hr)
- Roland Intelligent Pass Control technology for unparalleled image quality at the highest print speeds
- Supports a wide variety of media for applications ranging from high-end design proofs and photographic reproductions to stunning outdoor signs and banners
- Fast drying, scratch resistant ECO-SOL MAX ink produces vivid colours and is virtually odourless for convenience and comfort
- Roland VersaWorks professional RIP software ensures precision colour management
- Built-in print heater and dryer accelerate dry times
- Optionally available automated take-up system:Facilitates unattended production, Supports roll weights of up to 40kg (88lbs.), Handles banner media as heavy as 470g/m² x 50m (1.54oz/ft² x 54.7 yard)
- Automated maintenance minimises ink, labour and downtime
- Low media shaft for easy loading and unloading of even the heaviest rolls
- Environmentally friendly: Energy Star certified, Carries Roland’s Eco-Label, Widespread ICC profile support for eco-friendly papers and fabrics
- Secure, no mess 220cc or 440cc ink cartridges
- Roland reliability and world-class service and support
VersaWorks® Professional RIP Software Included
Built on the latest Adobe® PostScript® Engine, Roland VersaWorks professional RIP software supports Roland Intelligent Pass Control technology for flawless image quality at the highest print speeds. Among its many features, VersaWorks includes the Roland Color System for precision spot colour matching and offers advanced cropping, tiling and nesting options. VersaWorks also includes Variable Data Printing, the Max Impact™ preset for richer colour contrast, embedded ICC profile support, ink level adjustment tools and software proofing capabilities. VersaWorks supports Windows 2000/XP and Vista Business and works seamlessly with popular design software including Adobe® Illustrator®, Photoshop®, InDesign and CorelDRAW. VersaWorks allows control of up to four Roland printers from one personal computer. The Roland@NET auto update feature ensures ongoing access to the latest VersaWorks version and profiles available free of charge.