Fujifilm has announced the introduction of the latest addition to its Acuity Advance wide format UV inkjet family of printers – the Acuity Advance Select HS. This will be shown for the first time globally on the Fujifilm stand - F10S - at FESPA 2013.
The new Acuity Advance Select HS 5000 series builds on all the advantages of the recently announced Acuity Advance Select platform, featuring the same ultra-high print quality and application versatility, but with the additional benefit of being able to run at higher speeds, up to a maximum 49.7 m2/hr in Production Squared mode.
One of the key developments incorporated into the new Acuity Advance Select HS 5006/5226 models is the inclusion of six independent ink channels. For printers that focus on retail signage or other standard graphics applications and require the highest throughput, channels five and six can be configured to enhance print speed by adding extra cyan and magenta nozzle capacity. This innovation results in production prints with uniformity and smoothness comparable to those produced in quality mode. Users can take advantage of this improved print quality to realise higher net productivity, since more demanding print jobs can now be printed in faster print modes.
The Acuity Advance Select HS 5006/5226 printers can also be configured with additional white and clear ink channels. These can be used in a number of ways:
Clear + White
The addition of white and clear ink channels allows print service providers to print on a range of non-white substrates and add a spot or flood coat ‘varnish’ effect in a single operation all on one printer. This extends the application versatility of the Acuity Advance Select HS machine and improves the efficiency with which these types of added-value effects can be achieved.
White + White
Alternatively, the Acuity Advance Select HS can be used with two white ink channels to improve the density of white in a single pass, which can be particularly useful for demanding backlit applications.
Acuity Advance Select HS printers incorporate other features designed to achieve maximum productivity while retaining quality and application flexibility. These include:
- Active pixel placement compensation for optimum image sharpness, density and uniformity over the entire print area.
- Precise vacuum system, configured to match the majority of standard-sized graphic arts media. There are six vacuum zones on the Acuity Advance Select HS models and seven on the Acuity Advance Select HS X2 models. These zones are designed to reduce or eliminate manual masking, thereby decreasing operator intervention and increasing productivity.
- Batch mode operation for streamlined, unattended production of complex, many-layered print jobs that require multiple prints on a single piece of media to achieve a specialised result. Batch mode can also be used to produce collated sets of prints (e.g. 50 sets of: 80 x 120 cm backlit acrylic, 70 x 100 cm poster, 200 x 400 cm banner, etc.) for easy fulfilment.
As with other Acuity Advance models, the Select HS has an optional roll media kit for printing onto any number of flexible materials. This simple-to-use option is incredibly versatile, allowing an operator to prepare rigid material on the flat bed while the roll media option is printing.
The performance of Acuity Advance Select HS printers is optimised by Fujifilm’s uniquely formulated Uvijet inks. These incorporate the company’s proprietary ‘Micro-V’ dispersion technology that consistently delivers wide adhesion, superb colour vibrancy and excellent durability in every print.
Four HS models are available:
- Acuity Advance Select HS 5004: Four ink channels (CMYK), standard table size
- Acuity Advance Select HS 5224 X2: Four ink channels (CMYK), extra-large table size
- Acuity Advance Select HS 5006: Six ink channels (CMYKLcLm), multiple print configurations, standard table size
- Acuity Advance Select HS 5226 X2: Six ink channels (CMYKLcLm), multiple print configurations, extra-large table size
The introduction of the Acuity Advance Select HS perfectly complements the other models in the Acuity Advance Select range and Fujifilm’s recently launched Acuity LED 1600 roll-fed LED UV printer. These platforms represent one of the stongest line ups of mid-range high performance inkjet printers on the market, with a clear migration path for print service providers looking to upgrade in the future.
[Image shows Acuity Advance Select HS]