Corel has announced the CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6.2 update for CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 customers. For users with a free Standard Membership, X6.2 provides the latest performance and stability improvements. For users with a Premium Membership, X6.2 adds a variety of new functionality including a new alignment and dynamic guides docker, enhancements to the colour styles docker and a new Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ guidelines docker. Plus, X6.2 equips CorelDRAW Premium Members with six new colour harmony rules and more preview options that further simplify the design process.
“Our focus for this update is to provide our users with frequently requested features that support and enhance their graphic design workflow,” said Gérard Métrailler, Sr. Director, Product Management, Graphics at Corel. “With X6.2, Premium Members get immediate access to a number of new time-saving features which won’t become available for non-Premium Members until the next major version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite is launched. As we continue to release updates such as X6.2 and beyond, Premium Members will benefit by always being up-to-date and receiving the latest functionality.”
New Features Available to Premium Members Include:
- Alignment and Dynamic Guides: View, set up and modify alignment guides and dynamic guides more easily and as adjustments are made, the custom Dynamic Guides updates in real-time
- Guidelines Docker: The new Guidelines docker adds the ability to precisely position, rotate and edit guidelines
- Colour Styles and Harmonies: Apply a rule to a colour harmony to shift all colours according to predetermined logic and create various colour combinations – includes six harmony rules and the ability to create a colour harmony from scratch
- Viewing Colour Styles: Page sorter view and hint view are now available in the Colour styles docker to work with styles more easily
- Previewing styles and style sets: Choose what style or style set to apply to an object by pointing to them in the Object styles docker and then preview the object attributes that will be applied
- PHOTO-PAINT Alignment Guides: The new Alignment guides docker helps to align objects as they’re created, resized or moved in relation to other nearby objects
- Displaying rulers in PHOTO-PAINT: Rulers can now be displayed by default on new documents
- Setting up Guidelines in PHOTO-PAINT: The new Guidelines docker allows for more precision and is an easier way to add, manage and modify guidelines including locking them in place
- Premium Content: Extra clipart, digital photos, vector patterns, fonts and more
For CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 Users
CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 customers who have signed up for a free Standard Membership or have a Premium Membership can download the second update (previously known as a “Service Pack”). The X6.2 update delivers stability improvements, enhanced support for digital cameras RAW formats as well as general performance updates.
Availability and Pricing
For CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 customers in the United Kingdom, Standard Membership is free and Premium Membership is only £7.95 per month when purchased as an annual membership for £95.40. All prices are VAT included.
To become a Standard or Premium Member, users must create a Corel account within CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6. Membership options are available to box and electronic download customers of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 at this time.
Those who hold a current subscription to CorelDRAW are also provided with a Premium Membership in order to stay up-to-date and can take advantage of the early access to the latest functionality by downloading the X6.2 update.
To learn more about the CorelDRAW Membership Program, please visit www.corel.com/coreldraw.