Brett Martin is presenting its extensive portfolio of semi-finished plastic flat-sheet substrates at FESPA 2015 in Cologne, Germany. The latest editions to its product ranges is challenging visitors to consider how these new and innovative substrates offer unique qualities and benefits for a diverse range of creative sign and display applications.
Pushing the boundaries with transparent sheet range expansion
Central to Brett Martin’s presence at FESPA 2015, is its constantly evolving range of transparent sheet products, giving European sign makers, screen & digital printers and fabricators the widest choice from one trusted supplier.
Brett Martin is introducing Marpet-a FS aPET, a new range of high optical grade polyester sheets. Available in thicknesses of 2mm, 3mm and 4mm, it offers excellent strength to weight ratio, workability, chemical resistance and fire performance. While Marpet-a FS is more suitable for flat and cold bending applications – ideally for point of purchase display stands, poster glazing and illuminated signage – it may also be thermoformed and hot line bent within a controlled temperature range to avoid crystallisation
The company is also showcasing other key products in it transparent sheet range, each possessing individual characteristics and features designed to deliver maximum versatility, creativity and impact to every sign and display requirement:
- Marpet-g FS PETg is an ideal product for sign, display and store fixture applications, as its ability to handle a wide range of processing conditions allows for easy fabrication, printing, heating and thermoforming. It is now available in thicknesses between 2mm and 10mm.
- Marlon FS Polycarbonate, a highly durable thermoplastic, provides 200 times more impact resistance than glass, at a fraction of the weight. Characterised by high optical clarity, light transmission and chemical resistance, Marlon FS is ideal for illuminated signs, displays and poster covers requiring high resistance to wear and tear. It is available in a choice of thicknesses from 2mm - 15mm.
- The Marcryl FS range of high gloss acrylic sheets is available in thickness of 2mm - 10mm. Combining excellent glass-like clarity with high scratch and weather resistance, Marcryl FS has proven to be the preferred choice for high end applications – especially where a clear polished edge finish is required.
World-leading Foamalux PVC on show
Also on display through various applications and samples on its stand is Brett Martin’s flagship Foamalux PVC range. This includes new additions of a 24mm thickness option for Foamalux White, and 19mm thicknesses of the environmentally friendly Foamalux Xtra.
The complete range of light, durable and highly versatile foam PVC sheets, which has earned a reputation for its premium performance in an endless array of sign, display and print applications, is on display on the Brett Martin stand:
- Foamalux White is a brighter white, direct to print PVC substrate which offers excellent UV stability for digital printing. It is now available in thicknesses of 1mm – 24mm.
- Foamalux Colours, which is available in a vibrant palette of 15 colours that include Neon Pink, Neon Green, Raspberry and Black Sparkle. It is available in 3mm and 5mm options.
- Foamalux Ultra features a high gloss finish in a choice of six colours plus white, which enables striking features for signs and displays. It is available in 3mm and 5mm options.
- Foamalux Xtra comprises up to 80% recycled content in its black core, which is either sandwiched between two bright white PVC surfaces or available as black with one white surface. It is available in thicknesses of 3mm - 19mm.
“Innovation and creative thinking is key to gaining a competitive advantage within the sign and display community, so having access to the most advanced and very best selection of substrates to deliver premium output is absolutely essential,” explains Duncan Smith, Sales Director at Brett Martin.
“While Brett Martin already offers one of the most extensive ranges of sign and display media in Europe, we are constantly looking to introduce new substrates that will push the boundaries of choice for signmakers, printers and fabricators. The ongoing development of our transparent flat sheet ranges is testament of our continued commitment to deliver the widest choice of cutting-edge products that enables them to forge ahead in their creation and delivery of inspirational, quality output.”