Canon will showcase its entire wide format portfolio on one stand (H5S, Entrance S4) for the first time since the acquisition of Océ at FESPA 2013. The Canon stand will be designed to help visitors see the 'bigger picture' and explore the opportunities of wide format print.
Whatever a customer’s core business, Canon says its stand will provide the 'insight, inspiration and innovation' to help them identify areas in which to grow their business across the fast-growing wide format market. It will demonstrate to visitors how the combination of Canon’s imaging heritage with industry-leading Océ technology provides customers with the ultimate business partner, supported by real-life examples of its customers’ success stories.
Further inspiration will be provided by demonstrations of the vast range of applications possible in wide format.
These applications are made possible by Canon’s expanded portfolio of wide format technologies. This full portfolio of solutions being demonstrated will range from roll-fed inkjet printers and UV flatbed devices through to solutions and digital cutting tables including:
- The market’s most versatile UV flatbed printer - the Océ Arizona 480GT - with its eight independent ink channels and capability to spot and flood varnish or white layer on a large variety of substrates, including glass, lenticular media and membrane switch overlays. It can create exciting and high value applications for Point-of-Sale (POS), signage and specialty applications
- Océ ColorWave 650 Poster Printer with its Océ CrystalPoint imaging technology for instantly dry poster prints for cost-effective, high-quality POS prints delivered on demand
- The high-speed eco-solvent wide format printer – the Océ CS9360 – ideal for advertising, including fleet graphics, banners, backlits and posters
- Océ ProCut digital flatbed cutter – an automated cutting system that can streamline wide format digital printer workflow from prepress to finishing, delivering exceptional cut quality, versatility and productivity for all display graphic applications
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6450 and the award-winning Spectrophotometer, which delivers unrivalled colour consistency across a fleet of wide format printers, all managed from one host device
Jaap van ’t Ooster, Director of Technical Document Systems (TDS) and Display Graphic Systems (DGS), Canon Europe, comments, “In June, FESPA in London will provide us with the perfect platform to demonstrate the breadth of our combined portfolio, and visitors to the Canon stand will begin to see the full benefit of the acquisition.”
van ’t Ooster continues, “The fast-evolving wide format market offers many opportunities through a variety of exciting applications, and the expanded Canon portfolio has all the necessary qualities to meet the demands of this growing market. There is increasing customer demand for higher quality output, colour stability, serviceability and productivity and Canon delivers all of these. We are ideally positioned as an organisation to provide customers with the product design, vision and financial services to help them see the Bigger Picture and to help them be a success over the long term.”