Seann Walsh has been announced as the host of the 2012 Sign & Digital UK Awards.
Within two years of his first comedy performance in 2007, Seann became the winner of the Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year. Shortly after, other accolades included Chortle Best Breakthrough Act Nominee 2010 and Chortle Best Compere Nominee 2011.
Reviews of Seann Walsh’s performance include:
- "... funnyman Seann Walsh had the crowd in stitches with his memories of fixing video tapes by blowing in them..." - The Sun
- "... with the looks, gags and charm to become something quite special, Walsh is this generation's Dylan Moran" - Time Out
- “His energetic enthusiasm had the audience in fits of laughter throughout the entire evening, barely allowing us to come up for air between reminiscing and jokes.” – Latest 7
Having built a strong reputation on the comedy circuit, Seann Walsh is now a regular on UK television. He has permanent spots on Argumental as a team captain and Stand Up for the Week as a weekly featured comic. He has also been a guest on a number of popular comedy and panel shows including Mock the Week, Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow, 8 out of 10 Cats, Russell Howard’s Good News Extra and Comic Relief’s 24 Hour Panel People.
With Seann Walsh as host, this years’ Sign & Digital UK Awards are set to not only celebrate the best in the industry, but also provide an evening of entertainment and laughter.
The Sign & Digital UK Awards event is the UK’s most prestigious competition for the sign and display market. Held alongside the Sign & Digital UK exhibition, the UK’s premier visual communication event, the awards are aimed at encouraging signmakers and digital print providers to focus on and develop their creative skills and techniques in sign and display.
The Awards are open to all signmakers, print providers & display professionals and provides an important platform to highlight the best talent and creative thinking in the UK display market. There are 10 categories in all and the focus is on rewarding both the creative and business aspects of the industry.
The 10 Sign & Digital 2012 Awards categories are:
- Individual Sign Project of the year 1-9 employees
- Individual Sign Project of the year 10+ employees
- Multiple Sign Project of the year 1-9 employees
- Multiple Sign Project of the year 10+ employees
- Vehicle Wrapping Project of the year
- Wide Format Print Project of the year
- Green Award
- Rising Star Award
- Sign Company of the year
- Wide Format Printing Company of the year
Entering the Sign & Digital UK Awards gives companies the opportunity to have their work and creativity recognised by peers and the industry as a whole. Last years’ finalists created quite a buzz in the trade press when announced before the awards, and the eventual winners received even more attention.
The accolades will be awarded at the Sign & Digital UK Awards and Networking event which will be held on the evening of the second day of Sign & Digital UK 2012 (Wednesday 28th March 2012) at the National Motorcycle Museum, near the entrance to the NEC, Birmingham. Entries will be judged by a panel of experts (including a representative from Large Format Review) and the judges will be looking in detail at the methods used, creativity demonstrated and how these were used to deliver the required results. All awards entries should be for projects completed during 2011 and the deadline for entries is the 3rd of February 2012.
Please visit the show website www.signanddigitaluk.com and click on the Awards tab at the top of the page for further information.