Epson partners with leading software companies at Photokina to show how its latest SureLab D-Series of mini labs and SureColor SC-P printers give photo retailers and professional photographers a choice of powerful profit-generating production solutions.
Visitors will experience a range of complete systems for the production of high-quality art-on-demand; large-format professional photo and fine art printing; canvas printing/framing; and automated high-volume print production. These include:
- The Epson SureLab OrderController software for managing and controlling print orders from behind the counter or Kiosks for one or multiple Surelab and aqueous Epson large-format printers. This easy-to-use system provides costing/pricing, production control and scheduling functionality, alongside basic image editing functionality with configurable pre-sets for quick and easy processing of large jobs.
- Cloudstore Art on Demand: Cloudstore provides large-format web-to-print solutions and launches its innovative Art-on-Demand service, featuring its unique Digital Print Streaming technology. The system gives artists, photographers and image right owners a secure ‘cloud-based’ method of selling, sharing and printing their images anywhere in the world, confident that their files are protected and their use is tightly controlled. They can set a variety of rules for each image, e.g. price, royalty, print size and media, etc. and, when selected by a print shop anywhere in the world, the file is streamed for a secure, once-only print. The image right owner stays in total charge of the whole process, ensuring top security and high quality.
- Creative PhotoCloud by HPIX makes its global debut at Photokina. Creative PhotoCloud (CPC) is a comprehensive business solution that gives retail photo labs a complete environment for the local production of prints and a wide variety of creative photo products, such as collages, calendars, photobooks, decor and gift items, etc. The system includes all software, supports a range of printers – including Epson SureLabs – and includes all the consumables and accessories that a photo store will need to deliver an efficient service: from order creation all the way to fast-response on-site production, often within minutes. In addition, CPC’s remote production capabilities makes it a highly scalable solution for small-mid-sized retail photo labs.
- Dinax Mirage 3 print solution: See how to print perfect photographs and fine art images using the latest Dinax Mirage 3 front-end software to drive one or more SureColor large-format printers. The Mirage 3 RIP has been designed to give professional photographers precise control over colour and consistency with the confidence that the image they captured will be printed perfectly. It features an extensive library of substrate profiles and optimises the colour gamut of the printer accordingly to deliver high-quality results quickly and easily. Users can create and save their own colour profiles if they wish and processed jobs can be saved and re-printed at any time.
- Gemini complete photo solution: Gemini Systems offers a turn-key print solution, integrating workflow, colour management, the latest Epson LFP SureColor SC-P printer technology, ink, media, technical support and customer service. The ‘lease and click’ solution allows studios and professional photographers to focus on printing and selling the highest quality fine art and photographs. See the latest Gemini12 solution delivering a new user-friendly interface, with templates, Wall-Art and Art on Demand integration, printed at highest quality on a variety of photo, fine art and canvas media. Gemini12 gives Gemini users access to over 3000 quality paintings including old masters such as Van Gogh, Monet, Rembrandt and modern day artists such Patrice Murciano, supplied by International Graphics.
- iphoto print farming: See how to manage and streamline high-volume photo print production across multiple SureLab printers with minimal manpower by using the latest highly-automated IPS Image Flow Manager software. Image Flow integrates with all leading front-end image workflows to give labs complete central dashboard control over their entire print workflow, automatically managing output during times of peak production. Image Flow is highly flexible and can be customised to suit specific production needs. Back print can be modified on a per print basis. Jobs can be directed based on paper and sizes available and, due to the high stability of the Epson technology, large print orders can be automatically split over multiple SureLabs with the confidence that they deliver consistent and comparable quality. Image Flow is compatible with the Epson SureLab SL-D3000 and D700 minilabs and IPS will highlight the ability of the SureLab D700 to print variable print sizes up to long panoramas within the same order and non-stop.
“At Photokina, we show why our range of inkjet large-format printers and minilabs are the printers of choice for leading retail photo solution developers,” says Kristin Saus-Opuszynski, Senior Business Manager Photo and Graphic, Epson Europe. “Because Epson printers deliver industry-leading quality, ease of use, efficiency and reliability, photo retailers can create a wide range of value-added products that open up new business opportunities and profit centres.”
Visit Epson at Photokina on Booth B011 in Hall 2.2, 20-25th September 2016 in Cologne, Germany.
(Booth B011 in Hall 2.2, 20-25thSeptember in Cologne