Indoprint 2012, held between April 11-14, 2012 at the Jakarta International Expo in Indonesia, will - for the first time - be jointly organised by Messe Düsseldorf Asia and its local partner PT Wahana Kemalaniaga (WAKENI). Messe Düsseldorf Asia is the subsidiary of Messe Düsseldorf in Germany, renowned as the organiser of drupa - the No. 1 international trade show for the printing industry worldwide.
Since its first staging six years ago, Indoprint has developed into Indonesia's leading printing exhibition. Exhibitors at Indoprint 2012 will present the latest developments in pre-press and pre-media technology, printing machinery, appliances and accessories as well as book binding and print finishing technology and paper converting and package production equipment. In addition, educational seminars on a variety of topics will provide information about future trends, essential business strategies and key technologies.
Indonesia is a diversified manufacturing base with global capabilities and several factors make this country an essential centre of printing manufacturing activities:
- GDP growth of 5.9% in 2010, with projected growth of 6% in 2011 and 6.4% in 2012
- 3rd fastest growing economy is Asia and the largest economy in Southeast Asia
- 4th most populous nation in the world with over 240 million residents. Domestic consumption is one of the major driving forces behind the country's economic growth, accounting for almost 70% of the GDP
- Outlook for the printing industry remains positive with demand projected to grow by more than 50% between 2006 and 2011
- There are currently over 1,000 large and medium sized printing companies in Indonesia
- The lucrative food processing and packaging industry will further boost print demand.
When last held in 2011, 173 exhibitors from 15 countries showcased their products to 11,245 visitors from throughout Asia at Indoprint.