Mutoh Europe nv, EMEA subsidiary of the Japan-based wide-format digital printer manufacturer, has announced that its ground-breaking hazard-free, non-gBL MS51 sign and display inks for its XpertJet PRO printer range, have obtained VOC (volatile organic compounds) emission attestation for leading standards organizations in Europe and globally.
Mutoh’s MS51 Sign and Display inks were independently tested by Normec Product Testing for VOC and odour emissions in relation to legal compliance, green building rating and other leading certification programs for building products. The MS51 inks achieved full compliance with AgBB in Germany, Belgian Royal Decree 8 May 2014 legislation, M1 certification in Finland, DICL in Denmark, Polish legislation, LEED in the US and BREEAM in Norway, the Netherlands, UK and international.
Thanks to these positive results for the key regulations and protocols related to VOC and odour emissions, Mutoh can give peace of mind to its users that MS51 inks are safe for use in all kinds of indoor decoration applications, including the most sensitive ones, such as hospitals and schools.
Stephan Heintjens, Product Marketing & Product Application Manager for Mutoh Europe says: “These leading industry-standard accreditations show that our MS51 inks are ahead of other ink formulations, when it comes to safety, efficiency and productivity, both in the workshop and in the application environment. VOC emission tests carried out by Normec Product Testing are fully regulated in accordance with EN 16516 and consistent across all ink products, and MS51 has passed across the board. We are delighted to say unequivocally to our customers and the wider industry that our MS51 Sign and Display inks are formally accredited as safe for operators, users and anyone in an indoor or outdoor environment with our products.”
Stephan continues, “Since launching our MS51 inks last year, they have been very well received by customers throughout the EMEA area. They offer complete peace of mind for everyone working with these inks that they are safe, odour-free and very high quality. They dry quickly, and gassing out is achieved at regular temperatures, removing the need for excessive power consumption. The inks will help to reduce production costs, particularly at this time of high energy prices."
Mutoh MS51 Sign and Display inks are available in 1 litre packs and are specifically developed for Mutoh’s new AccuFine piezo drop-on-demand print head technology. This new head technology has been integrated into Mutoh’s latest XpertJet Pro printer line-up, which will be available to see at the Mutoh booth at FESPA 2023 in Munich, Hall A1 – C30.
Summary of Mutoh MS51 Sign and Display inks
- 4 colours – C, M, Y, K
- Compatible with Mutoh XpertJet PRO sign & display product range : XpertJet 1341SRP, XpertJet 1641SRP and XpertJet 1682SRP
- 1 litre ink packs in disposable foil, reducing waste
- Hazard-free ink : no danger or hazard symbols
- gBL free ink formulation
- Quick dry inks – enabling same-day lamination
- Low odour
- Vibrant high-density prints, excellent dot gain & media gloss preservation
- Superior colour gamut
- Suited for long term outdoor and indoor commercial graphics
- UV durability without lamination up to 3 years outdoors
- Excellent abrasion and chemical resistance scores
- GREENGUARD Gold certification – category wallpaper – output can be used at full room coverage, even in sensitive environments such as schools and hospitals.
- VOC emission attestation – compliance with leading standards for indoor air comfort such as AgBB, M1, DICL, BREEAM and LEED.