Visitors to the show will experience the unrivalled levels of photorealism produced by Mimaki’s flagship 3DUJ-553 full-colour 3D printer, thanks to its ability to print in more than 10 million colours. Mimaki will exhibit on stand 2-607 alongside DP Solutions, its local German dealer.
The Mimaki 3DUJ-553 3D printer allows bureaux, designers and product developers to create photorealistic prototypes and models due to its fine detail and extensive colour capability. Printing in true full colour, Mimaki uses the colour expertise it has honed through its extensive heritage in the 2D printing to produce consistent and repeatable results, so users can be confident what they design on screen is what will be produced in real-life. Mimaki has also developed a clear resin so full transparency and semi-transparent colour can be realised. The 3DUJ-553 3D printer delivers super fine detail and smooth surfaces, with options to print in 19, 32 or 42µm layers. Details are preserved during post-processing due to a water-soluble support material that simply dissolves in water.
Visitors to the show can also see Mimaki’s recently launched 3DFF-222 3D printer, which uses Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF). An in-house design and production tool delivering reliable, almost silent manufacture it produces prototypes and end-use parts such as jigs and three-dimensional signage. Co-branded with Sindoh, a South Korean 3D printer and multi-function printer manufacturer, the 3DFF-222 uses easy-to-load filament cartridges to print parts up to 210mm x 200mm x 195mm (W x D x H) in PLA material. Users can also benefit from the ability to remotely monitor each print job through a Mimaki app. The product recently joined the 3DUJ-553 in Mimaki’s portfolio of 3D printers, both systems offer enduring reliability and have global technical support and customer service in place.
“We have a fantastic range of models to show at Rapid.Tech + FabCon 3.D that will stop visitors in their tracks,” comments Mr. Hisashi Takeuchi, CEO of Mimaki Deutschland GmbH. “Together with DP Solutions we will show visitors the varied solutions we have to offer in the additive manufacturing market. When it comes to creating colourful, photo-realistic samples you can’t beat the 3DUJ-553, and for hard, robust models that don’t warp easily we have the 3DFF-222 3D printer. As is true of all Mimaki machines, both printers are extremely reliable.”
Key features of the 3DUJ-553 3D printer:
- Printing in more than 10 million colours to reach high levels of photorealism and detail
- ICC colour profiling – ensures high quality, consistent results
- Water-soluble support material – preserves the super-fine detailed parts and smooth surfaces during post-processing
- Printing in UV-cured photopolymer resins – 3D models have strength comparable to ABS plastic
- Possibility to mix clear and colours to achieve varying levels of transparency
- Mimaki 3D Link software – enables colours to be changed on-the-fly
Key features of the 3DFF-222 3D printer:
- PLA (Poly-Lactic Acid) filament – a hard, robust material that is a plant-derived eco-plastic made from corn and potato starch
- Automatic Filament Supply – filament installation is simplified, comprising insertion of a reeled filament in the dedicated cartridge and setting it to the main unit, the filament is supplied to the nozzle automatically
- Auto Filament Cutting – is also possible after the print job is completed
- A flexible metal bed, with built-in thermostatic function, enables both stable formation and easy removal of the model once it is ready
- Bed Levelling Assist – automatic measuring of horizontal error of the table and correction also supports stable formation
- HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter – prevents the discharge of foul air
- Motor drivers were designed specially to reduce noise levels during operation
- A camera and LED light are provided for remote monitoring with a smartphone or tablet
“We’re excited to show visitors our growing portfolio of 3D printing solutions. From print jigs and moulds to toys and prototypes, Mimaki has it covered and a visit to the stand at Rapid.Tech + FabCon 3.D is not to be missed,” concludes Takeuchi.
For more information about products and services from Mimaki Deutschland GmbH, visit http://www.mimaki.de.