DX4 and DX5 Printheads for Roland / Mimaki / Mutoh
The Epson DX4 printhead is the printing technology that underpins a huge number of printers in the large format print industry.
Whilst Epson themselves are not currently a prominent player in the sign and display print sector, if you take a look under the hood of your Mimaki, Mutoh or Roland wide format printer, you will find that it is Epson printhead technology provides the underlying print performance and quality.
Advanced Epson DX4, DX5 and TFP printheads
Having made its global debut in 1993, Micro Piezo technology has not only been at the forefront of Epson inkjet print head advancement, but has laid down the gauntlet to all the other big names in the print industry. Unique to Epson, Micro Piezo provides superb print quality and is a technology that our competitors still find hard to match.
So what is the magic of Epson printheads?
The Epson Micro Piezo print head is at the heart of every Epson inkjet printer. It produces superb colour and clarity at high speeds and is central to the changing world of professional and amateur photo printing and print-on-demand business. The print head also helps to minimise impact on the environment because it uses ink very efficiently, places ink droplets with amazing accuracy to prevent wasted paper and lasts the lifetime of the printer.
- Extraordinary photographic quality
- The new cutting-edge Micro Piezo TFP print head is quite possibly the most advanced ever manufactured, achieving a level of ink placement accuracy that delivers extraordinary photographic quality.
- The technical highlights of Micro Piezo TFP:
- The world’s highest resolution 1-inch wide high performance inkjet print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Capable of using up to 10 separate ink channels simultaneously
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape
- High precision impact-point control for extreme dot placement accuracy
- New ink repelling coating dramatically reduces nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliters to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
- Exotic Thin Film Piezo (TFP) along with Low Vibration Meniscus Control technology precisely controls the curvature of every ink droplet within each nozzle before releasing it onto the media.
How do Epson Micro Piezo Printheads work?
The print head fires ink droplets onto a surface by applying an electric charge to piezo-electric elements. This deformates the piezo-electric elements which propels the ink droplets instead of heating the ink like other printer manufacturers. This technology can also be used to eject heat-sensitive liquid materials.
Useful for much more than paper
Epson's innovative Micro Piezo technology has the flexibility to work in a wide range of fields. In additon to printing in superb colour and black and white on various papers, it is also being used in industrial applications. These include fabric printing, colour filter fabrication and applying patterns to electronic circuit boards, among others.
Get your replacement DX4 and DX5 printheads from Tech8
DX4 Printhead - Roland / Mimaki / Mutoh
Product Code: 1000002201
Description: Epson DX4 original, solvent print head suitable for Roland Soljet and Versacamm, Mimaki JV3 and Mutoh Rockhopper II/III, Spitfire and Blizzard.
- Roland CJ, FJ, SC, SJ, SP, VP, XC, XJ
- Mutoh Rockhopper II, Rockhopper III, Spitfire, Blizzard
- Mimaki JV3