HP Inc has announced a new 36-inch DesignJet portfolio that simplifies the printing needs of AEC (architecture, engineering & construction) professionals who increasingly work in a hybrid environment - needing a high-quality printing experience, whenever and wherever they are. The devices will also enable copy shops to better meet the requirements of AEC customers.
With 54% of AEC firms deploying a hybrid work policy, flexible working models are here to stay. This new approach has changed workflows, requiring aspects of the job, including large format printing, to be enabled in a hybrid environment. Because of this, users need intuitive print technology that meets their technical needs, whether that is printing A3-A1 CAD drawings or architectural boards, all without compromising on security.
“More than ever, AEC pros, or the copy shops that serve them, need easy-to-use tools that help them be more productive and deliver high-quality work - whether they are in the office, at home or somewhere remote,” said Daniel Martinez, General Manager, Large Format Business, HP. “With our new HP DesignJet lineup - alongside software such as HP Click and the HP app - users can print, monitor jobs and check device status from virtually anywhere, as well as collaborate on documents with colleagues.”
Sustainable and Secure
With the new 36-inch DesignJet portfolio, HP helps customers to go beyond and run their businesses while achieving their sustainability goals. Thanks to HP’s Forest First initiative, with every page a user prints with the HP DesignJet T850/T950, Smart Tank T858/T908 MFP or XL 3800, HP collaborates with non-profit organizations , to ensure forests are restored.
The HP DesignJet T850/T950 are both made from at least from 35% recycled plastic, use carboard-based cartridges, and, along with the DesignJet Smart Tank T858/T908 MFP, can be scheduled to power on and off automatically to preserve energy consumption. Meanwhile, the T858/T908 MFP and the HP DesignJet XL 3800 are comprised of at least 33% recycled content.
HP has also prioritized cyber-security, with HP Wolf Security protection built into the HP DesignJet T850/T950 and XL 3800. HP Wolf Security provides comprehensive endpoint protection and resiliency that starts at the hardware level and extends across cloud-based software and services – safeguarding an organization’s PCs, printers and people from cyber predators.
With additional Enterprise-level Wolf security features, the HP DesignJet XL 3800 is also the world’s most secure large format printer, based on third-party analysis of security features available on the market.
Solutions for all AEC Requirements
The new HP DesignJet lineup – consisting of three product families - provides several options and features to cater for all AEC user needs, including:
HP DesignJet T850/T950:
- Save time by moving effortlessly from A3 to A1 prints, with the A3-to-Large Format integrated device
- High-quality CAD and renders on any size and application
- Simplify remote collaboration with one-click scan and copy workflows from the front panel
HP DesignJet Smart Tank T858/T908 MFP
- Accelerate turnarounds with speeds of up to:
- 90 A1 pages/hour for the T858
- 120 A1 pages/hour for the T908 MFP
- Confidently refill ink—even while printing—with spill-free bottle system
- Maximize efficiency - with reduced energy consumption, spill-free refills, and 85% less ink used for routine cleaning
- Available in certain Asia markets only (see end of the press release for more details)
- Suitable for copy shops
HP DesignJet XL 3800
- Keep projects moving with the fastest color printer in its class at 6 A1/D color pages/min, and first page out in 20 seconds
- Excellent CAD lines and graphics applications in mono and color
- Optimize space with 20% more compactness
- Perfect for copy shops and enterprises