At ITMA 2015, which will be held in Milan from November 12th till 19th, 2015, MUTOH (Hall 18 – G115) will display its wide format and desktop digital printing solutions for direct-to-textile applications. Eye-catchers will be the ValueJet 1938TX, a brand-new 1910 mm (75”) wide dual staggered head high quality direct-to-textile printer and the all new ValueJet 404GT CMYK & ValueJet 405GT CMYK + White desktop direct-to-garment printers.
Mutoh will also display the ValueJet 1638WX 64” (1625 mm) wide and DrafStation RJ-900XG 42” (1080 mm) wide dye sublimation printers suited for paper printing as well as direct printing onto closed polyester fabrics. For interior deco applications, Mutoh will present the new ValueJet 1624X eco/mild-solvent printer, successor of the best-selling ValueJet 1624 model. A wide range of final applications produced on Mutoh hardware will be displayed, to inspire textile professionals with the numerous fabric decoration opportunities Mutoh digital wide format printers can mean for their business.
New ValueJet 1938TX
Developed in Japan, the brand-new VJ-1938TX is a 75" (1910 mm) wide dual staggered head printer is specifically targeted at sampling of short run on-demand & local digital production of garments, upholstery, fashion, swimwear, interior deco fabrics, home textiles, flags, etc..
The machine on display at Itma will be running Mutoh’s new water-based Ökotex compliant textile pigmented inks for direct printing on cotton fabrics, rayon or mixed fibre fabrics. The printer features an integrated ink gutter and a newly engineered sophisticated media feeding and take-up system.
The VJ-1938TX printer can also jet Mutoh’s genuine DD-series direct disperse inks well as Mutoh DS2-series universal sublimation inks for direct printing onto polyester fabrics.
Key Features VJ-1938TX
- Dual staggered head design - latest drop-on-demand piezo inkjet technology.
- Variable drop printing - wide range of droplets and three drop families. Small droplets are ideal for light fabrics and larger droplets ideal for thicker fabrics requiring higher ink loads.
- Print resolutions up to 1440 dpi.
- Head gap up to 6 mm to accommodate a wide range of fabrics.
- Typical high quality production speeds up to 40 m²/h.
- Newly engineered high end fabric feeding, front & back tensioning and take-up system for media weights up to 100 kg. Suited for both closed, open non stretch and two way stretch fabrics.
- Allows printing of both face-in and face-out roll media.
- Integrated gutter system for open textiles.
- Inks :
- Mutoh water-based pigmented textile inks. Green solution using heat fixation. No water required for post treatment (e.g. washing, steaming). Suited for printing on cotton, silk, rayon, mixed fibre fabrics.
- Mutoh Universal Sublimation inks (DS2-series) for transfer and direct printing onto polyester (min. 80 % PES).
- Mutoh Disperse Direct (DD-series) inks for direct printing onto polyester (min. 80 % PES).
New ValueJet 404GT/405GT
The VJ-404/405GT are Mutoh’s first ever direct-to-garment printers. The VJ-404GT is a CMYK model, whereas the VJ-405GT has CMYK + White with a dedicated ink circulation system for the white.
The desktop printers have been specifically developed for direct printing on t-shirts, caps, canvas bags, shoes, etc..
Offering high print quality, they have a wide print area and an easy-to-use LCD touch screen. The ValueJet GT printers can be equipped with different sizes of interchangeable print platens.
Key Features VJ-404/405GT
- Compact & robustly built direct-to-garment printer.
- Piezo drop on demand inkjet technology.
- Print resolutions up to 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- Mutoh’s water based pigmented textile inks allow printing onto high cotton blends and 100 % cotton or 100 % polyester garments. To ensure fabric compatibility and/or improve wash fastness, different genuine Mutoh pre-treatment liquids will be available.
- Interchangeable platens in widths up to 404 x 584 mm (S, M, L, XL, XXL).
- User-friendly design with 7 inch LCD touch screen display.
- Dedicated Mutoh printer installer & driver software for Windows included.
- Mutoh proprietary “layout & print” software tool for quick & easy operation.