HP today unveiled new products and solutions, including the world's most collaborative printer,(1) enabling technical design teams to easily access, share and print large format project files online anytime, anywhere.
This new suite of products helps design professionals in the architecture, engineering and construction industries collaborate across multiple locations, streamline processes and reduce costs. It includes:
- The HP Designjet T2300 eMultifunction Printer (eMFP) - the industry's first web-ready large format printer with scan, print and copy functionality.(1) Designed to match today's collaborative and mobile work styles, the new system makes it easy to share and manage content with project members around the world.
- HP ePrint & Share - which allows design professionals to automatically create, print, share and manage project files online using desktop or mobile devices.(2)
- The HP Designjet T7100 Printer - a high-speed monochrome and color printing system with breakthrough total cost of ownership compared to competing technologies.(3)
"Today's announcement is much more than a printer, it is a tool to transform the design process," said Christopher Morgan, senior vice president, Graphics Solutions Business, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. "With the HP ePrint platform extended to the technical market, design professionals now can focus on building and executing their ideas, rather than on managing cumbersome design and print processes."
HP Designjet T2300 eMFP offers web-ready solution for designers
Created for medium and large architecture, engineering and construction firms and enterprise businesses, the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP allows design professionals to easily scan and upload documents to the web and to print drawings wherever needed(1) - from project team meetings at the main office to reviews with clients and even at the construction site. With two online media rolls and simultaneous copy and scan functions, the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP is designed to improve productivity at each of these locations by accommodating multiple projects at the same time.
In conjunction with the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP, the new HP ePrint & Share platform simplifies the printing process for technical drawings. Available through HP ePrintCenter, an online hub for all HP customers to create a custom printing experience, HP ePrint & Share allows architects to easily locate and access their plans, adjust page layouts, preview print pages and create print-ready files from a single screen. Users also can upload files with a single click while printing is in process to quickly and easily share designs with remote project teams.(2)
"For us, technology is not only a tool to materialise ideas, but an important partner in a creative process that demands a high degree of mobility," said Matias del Campo, principal, SPAN Architecture & Design. "We are based in Vienna, but our projects are distributed around the world, from construction sites to teaching studios to conferences. The HP Designjet T2300 eMFP and HP ePrint & Share make it possible to print and preview files from anywhere(2) and provide us with an interface between our digitally heavy design techniques, the networking and distribution of information and the physical world."
The HP Designjet T2300 PostScript eMFP includes several industry firsts:
- The first colour touchscreen interface on a large format printer for simple one-click scanning, copying and printing operation
- The first true large format multifunction device priced below $8,500, opening the door to in-house large format printing for more customers(4)
- The first driverless printing for direct printing from a notebook PC or USB drive to eliminate print driver and network constraints
HP and Autodesk are working together to provide solutions that help design professionals streamline the architectural process and build cycle. The new HP ePrint and Share plug-in for AutoCAD allows customers to simplify their printing directly from AutoCAD. Additionally, a license of AutoCAD Raster Design included with the purchase of the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP enables the full scanning of sketches, printed plans or blueprints, which can then be digitised and vectorised for further design.
"By scanning original plans that we use as a basis for design, we save about 50 percent of the time it would take to create a new plan," said Russ Phillips, principal architect at Insight Architects and an HP Designjet T2300 eMFP beta customer. "With the new HP Designjet eMFP, we scan to JPEG or PDF and use the image as a background. A plan that would have taken eight hours to develop now takes only four hours."
HP Designjet T7100 Printer offers high productivity with significant cost reduction
The HP Designjet T7100 Printer is designed for central reprographic departments in enterprises and reproduction houses. It streamlines print production for customers needing to print in colour - from simple CAD drawings to high-quality presentations. With a competitively low total cost of ownership, the printer provides an alternative to devices that print only in monochrome and light-emitting diode (LED) technologies, which can be expensive to maintain.
The HP Designjet T7100 Printer features a modular design that allows customers to easily upgrade the device as technology progresses and that helps the printer integrate seamlessly into existing IT infrastructures. The printer eases and accelerates print production for customers by offering: speeds of up to 165 A1 prints per hour, unattended printing with the capacity to manage up to three media rolls and the HP Smart Roll Loading System.
The HP Instant Printing Pro accessory provides driverless printing, so customers can preview, edit and print files without opening applications or adjusting driver settings.
Pricing and availability
Model Pricing (5) Availability
HP Designjet T2300 eMFP €9,200 Nov. 1
HP Designjet T2300 PostScript eMFP €11,000 Nov. 1
HP ePrint & Share No additional cost Nov. 1
HP Designjet T7100 €12,690 Dec. 1
Full web connectivity for the HP Designjet T2300 PostScript eMFP is planned for spring 2011.
More information about the latest additions to the HP Designjet portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/collaborate. Videos and insights from beta customers using the HP Designjet T2300 PostScript eMFP and HP ePrint & Share are also available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HPdesigners.
(1) Internet connection is needed.
(2) Upgradeable functionality will be available in 2011. May require an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email- capable device. For details, www.hp.com/go.eprintcenter.
(3) The HP Designjet T7100 Printer offers up to 66 percent lower total cost of ownership over three years against competitive colour devices and up to 50 percent against competitive monochrome solutions, based on HP internal testing.
(4) Estimated U.S. manufacturer suggested retail price. Actual price may vary.
(5) Estimated EMEA list prices. Actual prices may vary.