HP is presenting the latest additions to its latex printing technologies portfolio to boost productivity and expand application versatility for print service providers on its stand, Hall A4/Stand C40-C41 at FESPA Digital.
The new offerings, showcased on the stand, deliver high image quality while lowering the impact of printing on the environment. These include:
- The HP Scitex LX850 Printer, a 3.2m (126in) latex ink printer that delivers maximum versatility and productivity with multiple workflow features, including dual-roll, roll-to-free fall and roll-to-collector handling and an ink collector
- The HP Scitex LX820 Printer, a 3.2m (126in) latex ink printer that offers high productivity at a lower price in a roll-to-roll configuration
- HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks that produce rich blacks and glossy results on banners and self-adhesive vinyl, and offer improved water resistance on fabrics(1,2)
- HP PVC-free Wall Paper (availability scheduled for June 1) is now made with FSC®-certified(3) paper from well-managed forests and is GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified, enabling customers to offer bold, colourful indoor murals without distracting odours(4,5)
- HP also offers new software to help streamline workflows, including HP SmartStream Designer Version 5.1 for creating, preparing and collating personalised campaigns from HP Scitex printers and the GMG ColorServer Suite, a colour management software from HP Solutions Business Partner GMG for HP Scitex large format printers.
“These additions to our portfolio mark the next development in what has proven to be a revolutionary technology platform for the sign and display market,” said Yariv Avisar, vice president and general manager, Scitex Large Format Solutions, HP. “With more than 5,000 HP Latex Ink systems installed worldwide, HP is offering customers the competitive advantages needed to differentiate their businesses and capture new growth opportunities.”
HP Scitex LX850 and LX820 Printers boost productivity
Delivering high image quality at fast production speeds, the HP Scitex LX850 Printer allows customers to accelerate their large format workflows. The device also enables customers to expand their application versatility with a built-in ink collector for direct-to-fabric printing(2) on flag fabrics. A scaled-down version of the HP Scitex LX850 Printer, the new HP Scitex LX820 Printer, is available with an optional dual-roll kit upgrade.
“We print approximately 4,000 to 5,000 square metres a month, and while we didn’t lack output capacity, competition remains fierce and profit margins have been squeezed,” said Jose Año, general manager at Marc Marti, a Valencia, Spain-based print service provider. “The HP Scitex LX850 Printer’s versatility gives us extraordinary image quality on a range of economical, uncoated media and substrates, while differentiating our products from those using solvent-based inks.”
Both the HP Scitex LX850 and LX820 Printers work together with the new HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks. Alternatively, customers can install HP 3M LX600 Specialty Latex Inks(6) to offer graphics backed by the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty, one of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry. The warranted durability period for vehicle graphics made with the HP 3M LX600 Specialty Latex Inks and 3M media has been extended from four years to five years by 3M, and the 3M Panagraphics™ III Wide Width Flexible Substrate has been added.
The HP Scitex LX850 Printer is now available and the HP Scitex LX820 Printer is expected to be available on June 1.(7)
HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks offer proven quality, durability
Capable of producing eye-catching images with rich blacks and glossy results on banners and self-adhesive vinyl, the new HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks continue to set the standard for high-quality sign and display output. The inks produce prints with display permanence and scratch, smudge and water resistance comparable to low-solvent inks.(8) Plus, the new formulation offers improved water resistance(1) on fabrics,(2) further expanding high-value soft signage application capabilities.
“The advantage of being able to print on textiles with the HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks is that, unlike dye sublimation, it’s just print and go,” said León Gateño, owner, Target Graphics, a Mexico City-based print service provider. “The upgrade process was very easy and we were printing right after the HP technician finished.”
Customers with HP Scitex LX600 or LX800 Printers(9) can benefit from the new inks – as well as double-sided printing capabilities(10) for blockout banners – by purchasing the HP Scitex LX610 Inks Upgrade Kit.
The HP Scitex LX610 Inks Upgrade Kit is available now and can be installed by an HP technician in one day.
Workflow solutions from HP and GMG facilitate VDP, colour management
HP SmartStream Designer is an easy-to-use application that generates variable data elements for marketing campaigns, such as images, text and colours, and is also a simple imposition tool for HP Scitex printers. The new HP SmartStream Designer Version 5.1 includes key improvements, such as HP Photo Enhancement to automatically improve variable images and the best fit feature, which optimises paper usage.
Designed for customers with complex requirements like multipress uniformity and colour standards, the GMG ColorServer Suite simplifies colour conversions between colour spaces using predefined HP Scitex printer settings for the HP Scitex FB7500, TJ8300 and TJ8500 Printers. GMG SmartProfiler software calibrates the output device and creates colour profiles for wide format printers. The GMG ColorServer Suite for HP Scitex printers is now available through GMG distributors and resellers.
In addition, HP’s Graphics Solution Business has extended its Print Care services to include the HP Scitex FB7500 and HP Scitex TJ Industrial products. HP Scitex Print Care is a set of tools and services that helps customers maintain uptime and smooth operations by anticipating technical issues, enabling remote diagnosis and providing performance information(11).
(1) Water resistance testing by HP Image Permanence Lab on a wide range of media using the ISO 18935 method. Results may vary based on specific media performance.
(2) For best results, textile applications should be printed on fabric that does not stretch. Performance may vary depending on media. Compatibility details are available from media suppliers.
(3) Trademark license code FSC-C017543.
(4) HP PVC-free Wall Paper printed with HP Latex Inks is GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified. Additional information is available at www.greenguard.org.
(5) Some substrates may have inherent odor.
(6) With HP 3M LX600 Specialty Latex Inks installed, the printer will no longer be compatible with HP LX610 Latex Scitex Inks and double-sided printing capability is no longer available.
(7) Availability date may vary by region and is subject to change.
(8) HP image permanence and scratch, smudge and water resistance estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of media including HP printing materials. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/supplies/printpermanence.
(9) Compatibility with HP Scitex LX600 and LX800 and HP Designjet L65500 Printers requires service installation of the HP Scitex LX610 Inks Upgrade Kit. With the upgrade, the printer will no longer be compatible with HP 3M LX600 Specialty Latex Inks.
(10) For best results use blockout banner media intended for double-sided printing.
(11) HP Scitex Print Care is also available with the HP Scitex LX600 Printer, HP Scitex LX800 Printer and HP Scitex FB500 Printer.