Esko will demonstrate exactly why it is a leading global provider of integrated solutions for label professionals when the company showcases its software, hardware and cloud-based innovations under the banner ‘Labels Connected’ at this month’s Labelexpo.
From 24 to 27 September, Esko will use its exhibition space at Brussels Expo to reveal how a combination of advanced technology solutions can unlock new heights of value and efficiency. Market-leading tools being demonstrated will include:
• A world-first opportunity for visitors to see the Esko CDI Crystal 4835 XPS flexo imager with PlateHandler, working in tandem with Print Control Wizard, the multi award-winning flexo platemaking and screening software
• The integration between Esko scalable automated workflow server Automation Engine and the AVT AutoSet inline print inspection solution – AVT and Esko are sharing the booth – illustrating the benefits of connected workflow and underlining the company’s commitment to enhancing the overall label ecosystem
• The latest version of ArtPro+, built for precise and safe prepress editing, now includes a patent-pending innovative object-based trapping concept and a range of additional features including barcode recognition, one-click conversion from CMYK to spot colors and creation of new warping grids for conical labels
• The brand new and unique approval tool Share & Approve, which runs as a service on Esko Cloud enabling anyone in the label workflow to upload, share, annotate and approve packaging and label jobs in 2D and hyper-realistic 3D
• And Automation Engine Cloud Connector, extending the capabilities of the workflow automation software to connect to Esko Cloud which opens up a world of possibilities, such as moving jobs - not just design files, but entire production folders - safely and securely from one production facility to another
Connecting to the cloud
“Esko is constantly evaluating new IT concepts and we have built and deployed a private cloud infrastructure for use by our software platform applications,” said Jan De Roeck, Esko Marketing Director. “Cloud computing delivers savings and benefits in supporting IT functions, a business domain where many converters suffer from scarcity of skilled resources and scalable and up to date equipment. Applications that run as a service in the cloud don’t require an expensive IT infrastructure and software updates no longer need the dedicated attention of an IT engineer.”
Several of the Esko solutions already make use of the cloud including the modular suite of palletization tools Cape and project management platform WebCenter. “Our recently-released Share & Approve is an application which makes use of the cloud to enable any user to invite an external party to review and approve a job,” said Jan. “And now also Automation Engine makes use of the Esko Cloud. For customers, this means it has just become significantly easier to use expert skills like 3D artists - even if they are residing at a remote facility - or to easily move jobs to another site in an effort to balance workload.
“We will continue unlocking more applications that run as services in a cloud infrastructure, and releasing additional ‘cloud connectors’ for software and hardware tools, and in this way effectively connecting the labelling ecosystem,” Jan said.
Esko Color Hunt – a fun event at Labelexpo Brussels
“We have partnered with press vendors, plate manufacturers, software system integrators and ink suppliers from across the labels sector to demonstrate our entire capability at this year’s expo,” said Jan. “We are using a specific Esko color scheme to display the spectrum of software technologies we have on show, which are reflected across our partners’ exhibits* to support a special competition. Our ‘Color Hunt’ fun event will give visitors the chance to win some great prizes each day as they visit each partner booth and learn about our solutions,” he added.
“We are looking forward to welcoming visitors to our booth and our Labels Connected exhibit, and anticipate this being one of our most successful years at the event.”
The Esko ‘Labels Connected’ exhibit can be found at booth C60 in Hall 3 of Brussels Expo Centre.
• Esko partners at Labelexpo 2019 include: Asahi, AVT, BOBST/Mouvent, Cerm, Codimag, Dantex, DuPont, Epson, GlobalVision, HP Indigo, LabelTraxx, MacDermid, Mark Andy, MPS, Omet, Sun Chemical, The Gray Elephant, Theurer, Vianord, X-Rite Pantone