GMG ProductionSuite, announced at Fespa last month, makes its UK debut at Sign & Digital UK on stand M60. According to GMG, it is the most complete solution in the market for indoor and outdoor advertising, sign and super-wide format printing, adding new capabilities in colour consistency, flexibility and economy.
GMG ProductionSuite is a modular system, comprising Editor, RIP, SmartProfiler, PrintStation and optional EcoSave:
- The GMG ProductionSuite Editor central processing unit: gives users access to precision visuals that profile output quality allowing a user to monitor every detail of the end result prior to printing and, if necessary, edit work directly within the application. The integrated Tiling Tool simplifies the precise preparation of tiled images for later assembly. The GMG ProductionSuite Editor displays all the settings required for processing in one main window. It takes just a few mouse clicks to define and position pockets, hems, grommets and pole pockets. The Editor calculates the required number of grommets and, using a simple checkbox, the user can choose to omit corners. By accessing native data formats, such as PDF, PSD and AI, the GMG ProductionSuite Editor enables the variable editing of closed file formats. It is just as easy to implement a long production run with a number of different motifs, as it is to change individual images, texts, graphics or other elements. Additional functions include: Integrated data preflight and process automation options.
- The GMG ProductionSuite RIP: runs in the background, entirely independently of the work steps in the Editor. Print jobs requiring full computing power can thus be prepared while others have already been sent to the RIP. To check the final RIPped data prior to printing, the image in the Output Inspector corresponds exactly to the colour separations and colour quantities in the actual print data.
- The GMG ProductionSuite SmartProfiler: aligns the colour results from several printers of similar type based on colour profiles and printer calibrations and, importantly, automatically converts spot colours to the target printer’s colour gamut.
- The GMG ProductionSuite PrintStation: Thanks to a user interface that visualises device- and media-dependent imposition, data can easily be grouped and prepared for production. Individual print jobs can be variably combined and optimized so as to ensure optimum material use and cutting sequences. The goal is to greatly accelerate order processing and significantly reduce material use.
- The GMG EcoSave option: is capable of reducing ink consumption by up to 20% ink while maintaining the same high output quality and productivity. Colour quality is maintained under optimum conditions whilst delivering substantial ink savings.
- Additional options: include Industrial Cutting, True Shape Nesting, Screen- and Variable Data Printing.
GMG ProductionSuite currently supports over 800 output devices. A flexible licensing model permits custom installation: from a simple configuration on one computer with only one RIP, one Editor and functions for driving one or two output devices, all the way to an extensive decentralised configuration with several editors that can send jobs to over ten printers and cutters.
GMG ProductionSuite runs under Mac OS® 10.5 - 10.7, Windows® XP, Vista and Windows 7.