You can already find a number of news stories on LFR that have been submitted by proud recipients of a prestigious DPIA Product of the Year award, that were issued at the recent SGIA Expo in New Orleans.
To ensure the less PR-savvy of the winners get their moment in the spotlight, LFR are delighted to bring you the winners list in its entirity...
- Digital Inks: Roland DGA Corporation - Metallic Silver Ink
- RIP Software and Proofing Software: Caldera Graphics - GrandRIP+ with Adobe PDF Print Engine
- Media-Paper: Ultraflex Systems Inc. - Limelight 4.8
- Media-Vinyl: Dreamscape - DreamScape Bling!
- Media-Films: Xcel Products Inc. - Visual Magnetics Write-On Chalkboard
- Media-Textile: Vapor Apparel/Source Substrates - Micro Performance Repreve
- Media-Rigid: Rochling Engineering Plastics Ltd - PE2PRINT-Digital
- Business or Other Workflow Software: Nazdar SourceOne - CATZper Color Tolerancing Software
- Finishing-Display Exhibit Hardware: Xcel Products Inc. - VMGS Featuring Write-On Chalkboard
- Finishing-Laminates, Adhesives, Films, Coatings: FLEXcon - FLEXmark floor art 6600
- Finishing-Equipment: Maverick Innovations, Inc. dba Extreme Graphics - The Wraptor
- Poster Size: Roland DGA Corporation - VersaCAMM VP-300i
- Rigid Substrate UV <$200K MSRP: Océ Display Graphics Systems - Arizona 350 GT
- Rigid Substrate UV >$200 MSRP: Océ Display Graphics Systems - Arizona 350 XT
- Grand Format Roll-to-Roll-Solvent & Latex inks: Roland DGA Corporation - Advanced JET AJ-1000i
- Grand Format Roll-to-Roll-UV cure ink: Durst Image Technology US LLC - Rho 500R
- Direct to Garment Inkjet Printers: Kornit Digital - Kornit 932NDS
All of the entries were showcased and evaluated by a team of digital imaging professionals during the 2009 SGIA Expo (New Orleans, October 7-9) in the Golden Image Gallery.
Now we could be wrong, but we think a number of these award-winning products are not even sold in the UK, or if they are, someone is keeping it quieter than they ought to. Perhaps there is an opportunity there for someone?